- Additional information
- Reviews (1)
About Codeine 30mg
Codeine is a back pain relief medicine. It is used to treat pain, for example after an operation or injury. It is also used for long-term pain when everyday painkillers, such as aspirin, ibuprofen, and paracetamol, do not work.
Codeine is available in the form of tablets, liquid to swallow and inject. Codeine injections are usually given only at the hospital.
Facts About Codeine
- Codeine works by preventing pain signals from traveling with the brain’s nerves.
- The most common side effects of codeine are constipation, feeling ill (nausea) and feeling sleepy.
- It is possible to get addicted to codeine, but rarely if you are taking it to relieve pain and your doctor is regularly reviewing your treatment.
- It is best not to drink alcohol while taking codeine as you are more likely to have side effects such as sleep apnea.
- Do not give codeine to children under 12 years of age. Only give codeine to children between the ages of 12 and 18 if daily acne-like paracetamol and ibuprofen don’t work.
30 Pills, 60 Pills, 90 Pills, 120 Pills, 240 Pills